SEO – Search Engine Optimization ..here’s is a quick summary of what you need to know!
First is ONSITE SEO and includes:
- Keyword research
- Using those keywords (but not too much since google is aware of that and refer to it as ‘keyword stuffing’) in articles on your website
- Linking to other high page rank blogs and websites
- Using pages links so that it means more to google
- Using the keywords in your page title
- More useful articles and videos on your own website – why? So that viewers of your website spend more time (and google will know that and rank your website higher)
- Age of your website
Do you think you can provide some good articles either written by you or your staff? If you want I can outsource some of the article writing so we have some nice valuable articles on the website. Best place to put these articles is your blog section of your website.
What is more important to rank in Search Engines is OFF SITE SEOand that includes:
- Forum posting and forum profile back-links
- Web 2.0 properties (like Tumblr, Hubpages, Squidoo, WordPress, Blogger, Weebly etc) – basically they are all separate websites giving back links to your website.
- Relevant video back-links and traffic
- Link velocity – linking should be constant – for example 6 back-links per week. If you get 100 back-links in 2 weeks and then none – Google will know that you are doing it artificially and will not rank your website higher or worse deindex it. It is more often called natural back-linking.
- Social back-links and likes to your Facebook page and/or your pages of your website.
- Google places listing
As you see OFF SITE SEO is much bigger than ON SITE SEO. Some people prefer using Google Adwords (that is pay per click marketing – basically you pay google to be one of the ads in the searches of google) and some other people prefer doing SEO.